Friday, May 20, 2011

About the Artist

I have been a successful artist for the past 25 years working in the Fine Arts arena, and,  3D Computer Generated Imagery for the past decade.  My passion for the arts is something I have had as far back as I can remember. I am always at my very best when immersed in the creation of something.  As an artist, I tend to see things differently than others, and to me, that is a great gift.
I studied Fine Arts and Studio Arts at the University of Southern California, receiving my BFA in 1988.  Later, I  continued my graduate work at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects, Hollywood, California.  My focus in the 3D world is modeling.  I also have a particular fondness for texture mapping and lighting. 
Over the course of my artistic career I have had the opportunity to work with many talented artists. I've collaborated with other artists creating preproduction paintings in Photoshop, and traditional mediums for Universal Cartoon Studio's “Alvin and the Chipmunks” and “Land Before Time”,   collaborated with character designers creating preproduction models for DreamWorks Studio's “Shrek 2”,   created 3D models for Nike's Asian and European Shoe Line, created virtual tours for architects, created book illustrations, set design, set decoration and  scenic artistry.  I still continue to accept commissions for murals, landscapes and portraits and gallery showings. My work has been displayed Beverly Hills, Century City, Malibu and Pebble Beach California galleries.

I now live in Oregon and continue to create 3D models, and traditional pieces.  I am looking to network with other artists and collaborate on projects. 

Sheila Rogers

Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment